Forum search
how do we
create a safe space for minorities on this site when every thread about it gets locked because someone unrelated to said minority is offended?

this is not a direct attack on anyone, as i really dont know what the heck is going on, but its immediately obvious to anyone that gsm in its current state is the opposite of a safe space


it is also quite saddening to see :(
Advertisement
idk but it makes me fucking mad
Bump
yeah.
preach
it is a bit sad that hot topics aren't allowed to discuss - i believe the groups targetted by some people are allowed to be upset about it, and express it
I just read ”direct attack” like ”shark attack”

too tired
bumping
Awe wrote:
I just read ”direct attack” like ”shark attack”

too tired
i'd prefer talking about those at this point
patogeeni wrote:
it is a bit sad that hot topics aren't allowed to discuss - i believe the groups targetted by some people are allowed to be upset about it, and express it
this this this!!!!!!
Aprexun wrote:
idk but it makes me fucking mad
it is upsetting, because i feel as though EVERYONE should be able to voice their opinions, but as soon as someone from a minority voices an opinion that is slightly negative, it gets shut down


threads made by these people are locked, whilst threads full of ''hidden'' bigotry are allowed to remain open
Discussions should be held in a respectful manner. As soon as this no longer happens in a topic, we have to lock it.
Because some people rather gang up against someone than having a normal conversation. This goes to both sides. Why are we all shocked threads gets locked if we swear to people, personally attack them and publicly make fun of them instead of having an adult discussion
its funny how this whole thing exploded when it could've been done and over if people just apologised when they've clearly made a mistake and hurt other peoples feelings
Cat wrote:
Discussions should be held in a respectful manner. As soon as this no longer happens in a topic, we have to lock it.
i understand this, but who gets punished?

the person calling out the injustice? or the perpetrarors of said injustice? is this something you are able to share with us?
Cat wrote:
Discussions should be held in a respectful manner. As soon as this no longer happens in a topic, we have to lock it.
but why would someone being openly disrespectful towards others deserve respect? :)
emulia wrote:
its funny how this whole thing exploded when it could've been done and over if people just apologised when they've clearly made a mistake and hurt other peoples feelings
agreed
Cat wrote:
Discussions should be held in a respectful manner. As soon as this no longer happens in a topic, we have to lock it.